Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 350
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Silvana's Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 stick(s) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for brushing
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon(s) buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced crystallized ginger, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cup of sugar with the butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in the pears and ginger.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar and crystallized ginger and bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; loosely cover the top with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool completely in the pan. Invert the cake onto a plate and invert again. Slice the cake and serve.Looking for more dessert ideas? Check out our homemade chocolate chip cookie recipes,apple pie recipes, and chocolate cake recipes.